f

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Thrifty Thursday/You Must Make This Blouse!!!

I'm always on the outlook for new designers who are offering a free pattern to promote their work. The blouse below popped up on my Pinterest page. I thought it was cute, saved it with the thought that I might get to it, and then a Facebook friend sent a link and said that she thought I might like this. It's the Frenzy Blouse from Papavero. So I thought, okay, the sewing gods have spoken, I should give it a try :) 


And I'm so happy that I did! Such a cute blouse and so pretty on as well. 


Just to give you an idea of what is really going on at the neckline. There are 3 pleats on either side of center front that radiate diagonally out. 


The tab is sewn on under the pleats. The tab pattern is not included. I cut a strip 3" wide and stitched it together with a 1/4" seam allowance. I obviously cut my tab much longer than it needed to be. Once the tab is made, simply center it with the center front of the blouse and then fold back the pleats. Remember, they are pleats and not darts, so no stitching them down.  


The instructions call for a center back zipper. I hate having zippers in my blouses if they are not absolutely necessary. The neckline looked large enough to get my head through, so I basted the top together before actually sewing. Slipped it on without a problem, so no zipper!
The neckline is finished with a bias strip. This is not included in the pattern, but easy enough to cut on your own. Once the neckline is finished, wrap the tab to the back and hand stitch in place.


As you can see, the blouse would make a lovely dress as well, just lengthen the pattern.


Downloading the pattern is a bit of a challenge as the instructions are in Polish. Thank goodness for Google translate. There are separate files for each size, so be sure to check the measurements to determine the size you will need. 
The download is a bit of a challenge, but well worth it. As I said, I am so very happy with the blouse. Fits beautifully and it was very easy to make. I will be making more!
Enjoy!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

22 comments:

  1. Ooh, it is very cute! Must pin it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the heads up! The blouse looks absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this online – I’ve popped you into the list of blogs to check out! Love your design clothes online! Love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! About how much yardage you think? Looks like about a yard (if 60 inches wide) or slightly more. Trying to think about the best fabrics for it as well. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a yard and a quarter would be good. I had a scrap and didn't measure. A woven is great, just nothing that is too heavy.

      Delete
    2. You need 120 cm for the largest size (you can find this at the top of the page where it says "Materiał") so 47 inches :)

      Delete
  5. The blouse would look even more stylish if the sleeves were the new Mod length i.e. about 2" shorter. Also cut them curved so the underarm side is longer than the outer side by about 1".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing. This is cute! What fabric did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's just a poly. I didn't want to use anything better in case it didn't turn out as I hoped.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! And now you have a wearable muslin. :-) I just downloaded. Thank goodness for Google Translate.

      Delete
    3. Without the translation, it would have been impossible. At least for me. Just take note that the pattern is bigger than our standard paper so it will need to be printed out on a legal size.

      Delete
    4. Just finished making this for my Nana's birthday present. I hope she likes it. Thanks again for the link.

      Delete
  7. This looks great!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE papavero patterns; I bet I've made more of them then any other pattern company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip on the yardage. Now that you've mentioned enjoying other patterns, I have to go take a look!

      Delete
  8. This seems to be a must have for me, too! Thank you so much for sharing this cute blouse pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! Thank yoy for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty- and the neckline is sufficiently open to look good even with a bigger bust where more flesh is flattering.
    Thanks for sharing Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. I really like the lengthened version of the dress too. Should be coming up soon :)

      Delete
  12. You are right it is a challenge to download. I got it translated. I found the template. I downloaded the conversion program. But I can't find the actual pattern to download. I've spent a good 45 minutes and I give up. Still love the blouse though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just did a walk through on how to download the pattern You can find it here, http://rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2016/05/downloading-frenzy-blouse-pattern-from.html

      Delete