f

Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Pepernoot Coat from Waffle Patterns/Downloading The Layered Pattern

As I'm sure you all know, the Pepernoot Coat Sew Along will begin March 7, 2016. I think you are going to be amazed at how easy the coat is to make, and how well it goes together. The zippers may seem a little intimidating, but we'll take them step by step, and if need be, I'll do a video tutorial to walk you through the process. I absolutely love my coat, and every time I wear it. I get so many compliments. So of course, I want the same for you :)
I wanted to show you this picture from the Waffle Patterns blog. We'll talk more about fabric choices, but I thought this was so cute. Take note that the zippers are red and the yokes are piped in red. The yokes are also quilted in a contrasting, but coordinating fabric. Just something to think about as you start planning your coat. 

To help get you started, I did a little video on how to use the layered aspect of the pattern. This is such a great option. I opted to download the copy shop version of the pattern, but even if you decide to print at home, you can still use the layered option. With the layered option, you are able to get just the size you want, so no going blind trying to cut on the correct size line. 
   
Once again,my apologies for the shaky video and poor quality, but hopefully it will help.
If you haven't purchased your pattern, you can find it HERE at Shop Sew It All.
Let me know if you have any questions about using the layered aspect of the pattern.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. The pattern layering option is really cool. Thanks for showing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really simplifies the entire PDF process. Such s great option.

      Delete
  2. Nice sketch :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of copyshop OR Ted. Watched Ted for a while, but then got a phone call. I'll have to go back and hear the end of it.
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy, I think you have Staples Office Supply in Oklahoma. If so, they have a copy center with a large scale printer. I go to FedX and I really like them. The staff is always so helpful.

      Delete
  4. Thi is a beautiful coat and that layering option is really cool. I wish that Burda pattens were like that. :) Xx

    ReplyDelete