f

Monday, February 1, 2016

Monday Morning Inspiration/Victor & Rolf Summer 2016 and Dior and I

Sometimes we just need a little fun in our day! The summer 2016 collection from Victor & Rolf is over the top wacky, but so much fun! 
As the fashion show began, all I could see was what looked like a simple white shirt dress. My thought was, "how lovely." Once I could see the dress a little better, I thought, "well, that's different!" There's a definite Picasso influence. 
The show begins with the first piece that is pictured below, and then follows with the next 2 that you see. 


From this point on, the collection becomes all the more over the top, incredible and wacky, but fun!
The video is worth watching, just a little over 5 minutes long.


I really don't think that any of us will be copying the designs, but then again, you never know what will spark a little inspiration!!!

Last week, I watched the movie, "Dior and I." I especially enjoyed seeing Raf Simons visit art museums in search of inspiration, and then seeing how that inspiration translated into his first collection for Dior. I also enjoyed seeing how the seamstresses were celebrated for their abilities and the important part that they play in bringing the collection to life. The trailer that I've included is just a little less than 2 minutes long and gives you a great glimpse into the movie. For anyone who loves fashion, the movie makes for an enjoyable evening and a special look behind the scenes. 
   
Have a wonderful week. Keep your eyes open, you never know where that next little bit of inspiration will come from!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

14 comments:

  1. Dior and I is the best film! I could watch it over and over again. The Picasso inspired clothing is great fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dior and I is so well done. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I loved it too!

      Delete
  2. Oh thanks for the V&R shots, I kept reading about them in print over the weekend without photos. The Sotheby's Picasso ad was right next to one of the articles, which was helpful and humorous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I watched the video, all I could think about was Picasso! Not wearable, but fun nonetheless :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It really is a fun collection :) Glaf you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  4. I really enjoined Dior and I too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really thought it was so well done and a wonderful look at what goes on to create a collection.

      Delete
  5. Being a major Picasso fan, I loved these. I could see myself copying the first one. The rest are a bit "over the top" for the places I go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine any of us being able to wear anything more than the first few, but they're fun to look at!

      Delete
  6. The Victor and Rolf was wearable art rather than clothing, but great fun. I recall a Schiaparelli garment that had that face shape on the front opening. Lovely, but not all monochrome.
    I haven't seen Dior and I yet but will be looking out for it! Thanks for providing the videos Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it, yes, Schiaparelli did do a piece with the silhouette of a face. I agree about the art aspect of their collection....wearable, well, maybe for a few ;) Glad you enjoyed it. It wasn't what I was going to post for Monday, but I thought it was just too fun not to.

      Delete
  7. Dior and I was wonderful!! I saw it twice at the theater with different sewing friends.

    Regarding the fashion show, thank goodness he didn't put the eyes on her girls and the lips on her crotch! Interesting ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me laugh :) That would have been going too far!!!
      I've only seen the movie once, but I think I am going to go rent it again.

      Delete