f

Monday, February 8, 2016

Monday Morning Inspiration/Chanel Spring Summer 2016 Ready To Wear

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine sent me a link that included the Chanel Spring/Summer Couture show as well as a number of other videos. Here's a link in case you would like to take a look, http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fashion/haute-couture.html
While the clothes are beautiful, I was left a little uninspired. There were big dirndl skirts, and very exaggerated sleeves that would be very difficult for most to wear. Although uninspired, I thought I would take a closer look. When I did, I found the Spring/Summer Ready To Wear collection, and loved it! The show has been set up as though the runway is in an airport, and the entire collection is based on traveling in style. Below are a couple of ad pictures. Love the colors and the vibrancy of the collection.
A little bit of street style mixed with couture. Fun!

Quite a bit of plaid. Now, a full plaid outfit would be very difficult for most of us to wear, but a lovely plaid jacket, or a plaid pencil skirt mixed with a great jacket would make for a wonderful look.



Take a few minutes to check out the video I've included as the movement of the skirts is so lovely.

Some of the pieces are much more casual, but still flirty and fun.




Here's the video. It's a little long, just under 20 minutes, so grab a cup of tea or coffee. Might be fun to watch during lunch. It'll give you a chance to dream about your next vacation!!
A little warning, the video will make you dream of an airport filled with beautifully dressed passengers. If only. It's something I long for every time I fly.



I found the video below and thought I would share it. It's one of those videos that makes us drool over the hours and hours that are spent creating the incredible couture pieces. It's just a little over 2 minutes, so a quick watch. 


Dreaming is always fun! I thought I would leave you with this old airline ad, a time when traveling was an adventure and everyone dressed for the occasion. Sigh!! :)

Have a wonderful week!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Rhonda. I remember when people flew in style. Sigh.........

    I would buy that blue outfit in the first retail ad in a heartbeat, gorgeous! The other one that called out to me is the last, the sleeveless tunic with the strips. Thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still do :), and I hope, maybe against all hope, that somehow I'll have a positive influence. Wishful thinking I guess. Glad you enjoyed the collection.

      Delete
  2. I've loved Chanel for years, but many of these designs leave me cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of inspiration here. I love the long tunic over white trousers (without the reversed baseball cap).
    I watched the short video which has left me feeling wistful, oh it would be good to have the time and expertise to turn out fabulous work like that. I will save the longer video for lunchtime.
    Thanks for the post Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fantastic to see those two videos. I saw lots of clothes that I would love to own/make and got lots of ideas. Fell in love with many, many fabrics. Thank you so much for bringing them to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed it :)
      BTW, your package is on it's way. Should arrive this week.

      Delete
  5. Loved that second video, presumably these clothes are never cleaned! Perhaps they are only made to be worn once.

    ReplyDelete