f

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Free Kimono Top Pattern From Maria Denmark, Sewing Indie Month

This post should have been done last Thursday as it is really a Thrifty Thursday post. At the moment I feel that if I ever get caught up with everything I have going on, well, it will be a very happy moment!
A couple of weeks ago I did a post on the free patterns that are offered by the pattern companies who are participating in Sewing Indie Month. I have not had a chance to try all of them out, but I can say that all that I have tried, I've been very pleased with and that now includes the Kirsten Kimono T-Shirt pattern from MariaDenmark.

It's a very nice, basic t-shirt pattern, and super easy to make.
I made only 2 small alterations to the pattern, I took up the side seam at the waist probably a good inch,
and I lowered the neckline about 2". I lowered the neckline at center front and I also took off about 1/2" at the shoulders. I tapered my line back to nothing at center back, so the neckline was not lowered at center back.
I think you can see how my neckline is a little more open than it would have been if I had followed the original neckline of the pattern.
Because the lines are so basic, this is a great pattern for hacking, actually, the sky is the limit as far as design possibilities go. You can find the pattern here, http://blog.mariadenmark.com/?p=875 You will need to sign up for the newsletter in order to receive the pattern. Maria is not at all intrusive. I think that since I signed up, I've only received 2 newsletter emails from her. So jump on over and pick up a pattern for yourself. The last day to  post on the Sewing Indie Month contest is Wednesday, June 4th. So there's a little time left...but not much!!!!! 



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

9 comments:

  1. This is a great find! I actually purchased a top similar to this from DKNY not too long ago. I'm looking forward to trying it out! Thanks for sharing Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tee. The contrast binding really makes it and it looks so fresh for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute tee. A basic tee is a great way to fill in gaps in one's wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red print trim just sets that white off. I would never have thought to do that. Great make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shirt looks mice Rhonda :) I used this pattern for the pattern hack category. It turned out a little loose for me. probably coz m petite.I too pinched of about half an inch from the shoulders. Else it would have slipped off my shoulders :D. I shall be posting about it today !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone seems to think this is a great pattern, must try it. I love your very stylish version.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rhonda,
    I love your version. Is the binding KNIT or WOVEN on the bias?
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete