f

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Get Liberated!

If you followed along with the Amy Butler Beautiful Belle Handbag sew along and enjoyed it, I have some good news for you. There will be five more sew alongs throughout this year!! The next one will be the Clara Dress from Sew Liberated patterns. 
It's a lovely dress. Before I sent mine off to Sew News, I wore it twice. I had a hard time letting it go. It's so comfortable and easy to throw on. The dress is now on its way back to me, just in time for spring, that is if we ever have a spring. They are forecasting 6" to 8"of snow for tomorrow. WILL IT EVER END???? I guess that's what I get for saying that I enjoy winter. I'll keep my mouth closed next year ;)     
Above is a picture of me in the dress and below the much lovelier model, the picture that you'll see in the magazine. I added 2" to the length of the dress. I'm 5'6" tall. With the extra 2" to the length, it falls just mid knee on me. The model is shorter than I am and you can see that the additional 2" would not have been necessary for her. If you decide to make the dress, the 2 pictures will give you an idea of whether or not you want to add length to the skirt.
The dress has a beautiful neckline, just the perfect depth for necklaces.
For the videos, I used a combination of these 2 fabrics. You'll have to wait for the video to find out why I used 2 fabrics rather than just the 1. You can probably figure out that it was  a panic situation that brought this to be. I'll début the dress when the videos are released. It's rather cute if I may say so :) 

Here's the schedule;
Week 1: April 21- Fabric Choice and Layout
Week 2: April 28- Fitting
Week 3: May 5- Bodice and Collar
Week 4: May 12- Sleeves
Week 5: May 19- Attaching the Skirt and Fitting the Waist
Week 6: May 26- Buttons and Finishing Details

If you would like to follow along, here's a link for the pattern, http://www.shopsewitall.com/product/clara-dress-pattern-by-sew-liberated/patterns
There will be a Flickr group just as there was for the Amy Butler bag. As soon as it is up, I'll let you know so you can start posting your fabric selections.
I had so much fun doing the last sew along and I think this one will also be a lot of fun as well!
So get your pattern and get ready!!!!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

9 comments:

  1. LOVE that dress! Don't let me miss the sew-along! I love the V-neck WITH a collar. Can I make it with a straighter skirt?
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could. I can show you how to do that once we get started.

      Delete
  2. I have ordered the pattern. It did not let me choose a size, so I hope all sizes are included with the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I should have said that it is a multi-sized pattern. So happy to have you join along!

      Delete
  3. What a cute dress! I hope you get lots of sewer-alongers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a really useful dress - and cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dress. I have the Bryanna dress on my list of patterns to buy this year. Having to limit myself on buying fabric and patterns trying to use what is in my stash. You would think I'm a hoarder. Can't wait to see everyones dresses!

    ReplyDelete