f

Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Cat May Be In The Hat, But The Zebra's Wearing Purple

I had thought that we might hit 900 pillowcases today for the Mary Bridge Children's Hospital pillowcase drive. We are just short, and I mean just a weeeee bit short. So...the 900th pillowcase will be announced next week. I cannot wait to see whose will be the 900th pillowcase. I have received quite a few emails so I know lots are coming in, it's just a matter of whose will arrive first. 
Today I would like to share the 12 that Alice sent in from sunny Scottsdale, Arizona. Her 12 brings us to a total of 865. As I said, we have more, but I feel that everyone who makes a contribution deserves their turn on the clothesline, so in the next few days you will see the numbers continue to grow. 
Alice's cases are so whimsical and fun.
The cat in the hat,
 frogs riding motorcycles,
a kitty meditating,
 purple zebras,
and psychedelic fish in a sea of splendor.

Thanks so much Alice for your contribution.
Today was our Haute Couture meeting and 3 of my fellow members had pillowcases for the project. I so enjoyed the looks on their faces as they handed me their contributions. How I wish I could have had the opportunity to meet each and everyone of you. Whether or not we know each others faces, we are connected in a very special way. We came together and we have made something so very special happen.
Thank you, thank you!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

1 comment:

  1. What lovely pillowcases - and how exciting that you are so close to you target!

    ReplyDelete