f

Friday, October 18, 2013

Can Love Be Measured?

When I initially thought of participating in the pillowcase Project for the Mary Bridge Children's Hospital and asking for your help to reach a goal of 900, I had no idea of just how generous and kind all of you would be to me. You have sent incredible notes of encouragement as well as gifts. Every piece of ribbon has been saved, even the tissue paper as I'll make flowers and decorate gifts with them. 
Yesterday I received a package from Patti. She had written and said that she would like to make 6 pillowcases in honor of her grandchildren. So I knew the package was coming, I just had no idea that a gift for me was included. What a perfect wrapping for a gift to someone who sews! And the card is so cute too!
 Inside was a little box that went perfectly with the paper.
And the theme continued with the lovely porcelain mug. What a treasure! Thank you Patti!!!!! I will truly enjoy drinking my morning tea out of this cup :)
 She included this note to explain her fabric choices.
 And here are the lovely cases on this bright and crisp Chicago fall morning.
 Read the note and I'm sure you'll be able to match the fabric to the child.

 Can't you just smell the bacon?!!!



So very special. Thank you Patti for your contribution and for honoring your grandchildren in such a lovely and heartfelt way.
All of you have put so much love and care into your pillowcases. I am sure that the children who receive them will feel your spirit. Love can't be measured, but it can be felt.
Patti's 6 brings us to a total of 808, 92 more are all we need to reach the 900 mark. Isn't this just incredible?!! Getting to the first 100 seemed like such a milestone, now on this end, it seems so easily done. If you would like to help us reach the 900 mark, here is a link to the simplified pillowcase instructions that I did, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-simplified-pillowcase-instructions.html. If you do participate, just send me a note and let me know, sewbussted@yahoo.com. If you would like to read more about the project, Here is a link to all of the posts, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/search/label/Mary%20Bridge
Again, thank you




Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

10 comments:

  1. Awesome! Congrats your successful campaign Rhonda. And Patti, AKA Trish is a very classy lady, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly this has become a beautiful "move forward" with so many generous ladies. Bravo for Sewers Bloggers community! Already need very little to get to the goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift and beautiful sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed,Best.Grandma.Ever! And what a wonderful thing you are doing, Rhonda! It's gonna be crazy expensive to ship all those pillowcases to Washington!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, we have a sponsor who has agreed to ship them! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a grandma! Rhonda, I hope you'll take some pix of the pillowcases -- how you have then stacked/piled up -- before you ship them off. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was planning to take a picture of me with the stacks all around me. The pillowcases are all stacked in a safe place in one of my guest rooms. It would be difficult to get a good picture of where they are right now.

      Delete
  7. What a beautifully moving gift - both the gift you received and your loving devotion in carrying this project through! I keep wanting to jump in & join you....maybe now that I've found my way back to the sewing room...... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jump in, the water is fine!!! Only if you have the time.

      Delete