f

Friday, October 4, 2013

An Asian Excursion

Well, the mystery remains, I have yet to find out who sent the pillowcases that I posted yesterday. I think I will have to use an old fashioned method of trying to track someone down, the United States Post Office! I had said yesterday that I would just address the letter to resident, but Juliet had a wonderful idea and that was to address the note to The Pillowcase Fairy Godmother. I love that. So if I don't hear from this lovely person who so generously sent in her cases by Monday, I will then employ the help of the old fashioned mail system :) 
I have one more post of pillowcases lined up after today and then we will have a little break, unless some come in today or tomorrow. Today's cases came from Beki B. who lives and works in Waterloo, Iowa. Here is a link to her business, http://www.bekissewing.net/. She has a lovely custom sewing and alteration business. She also has an Etsy business, https://www.etsy.com/shop/BekisCustomSewing that she plans to be filling shortly, just in time for the holidays, so add her to your favorites list and check back.
 Beki's pillowcases make me think of being on an Asian excursion. I've never been on one, but I can dream!
Lovely prints and I especially like the batiks.

The pillowcases remind me of a children's book that I purchased while on vacation in Maine this summer. As I said the other day, I do love children's picture books. In case you are wondering, what draws me to them is a combination of the artwork as well as the story, but primarily the artwork. This is a sweet story about Puffin Peter and his friend Paul who are separated in a storm and Peter's pursuit to then try and find his friend.
Do you see the resemblance to the last pillowcase and the colors in this drawing?
.
And look at this lovely drawing and how the water resembles the dye of the batik. This is another book that I would highly recommend if you have a child that that enjoys books. You can find it here on Amazon
Thank you so much Beki for your generous contribution. Your 10 cases brings us to a total of 767 pillowcases!!!!! I'm getting a kick out of the numbers reminding me of airplanes, i.e. Boeing 757, Boeing 767. Perfect for our Asian excursian!!
As I said yesterday, we are inching closer and closer to the goal of 900, but we aren't quite there yet. If you have a little time and feel that you can contribute to the Mary Bridge Children's Hospital pillowcase project, here is a link to the simplified instructions,  http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-simplified-pillowcase-instructions.html You can also read more about the project through the previous posts that I have done,  http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/search/label/Mary%20Bridge It's been quite a journey and it isn't over yet!
Thanks so much!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. Rhonda, I am working on my share of the promised pillowcases for your project. The displays you made of already finished cases are just wonderful. At the November HCC meeting I'll present my addition as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks wonderful news! Can't wait to see your creations:)

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Rhonda, for keeping this going. These are another great set of pillowcases. It's heartwarming to see so many people joining in this project. XOXO

    ReplyDelete