f

Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday Morning Inspiration

For many years now, I have been keeping journals of inspiration. I may see something on a billboard, read something in a magazine, or it may be something that someone says in passing that I find inspirational. Whenever I see something or hear something, I quickly jot it down and then bring it home and put it in one of my books. The journal in the above picture was my first.
 The pages are now full.

The second book was a gift from my husband. It's a book that I love to hold in my hands. The leather smells so good and I love the Celtic cross on the cover.

It's almost full as well. I keep so many things. There's a card with the name of a firefighter who was killed on September 11th, Kenneth Kumpel, 42, Cornwall, NY. When I come across the card, it reminds me to say a prayer, especially for his family.
My new book, waiting in the wings. It is from Africa. I love it. We have a fair trade store in Evanston, IL which is where I found this book.


The paper is all hand made. It's lovely to touch something and know that I'm touching something that was lovingly handmade by someone.
So this morning I would like to share just a few pieces that mean something to me.

Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.

Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.  (Anais Ninn)

A personal favorite;
Don't allow your fears to get in the way of your dreams. Don't allow your fears to get in the way of what God dreams for you. (Chuck Swindoll)

When we look at a statue of someone great, we think they've got something we don't. We are trained to think that only a tiny percentage of us have the stuff it takes to be a hero. Not many of us will cure any diseases or slay any dragons, but every single one of us.....every single one of us is called to be a king, a queen, a hero in our ordinary lives. We don't build statues to worship the exceptional life, we build them to remind ourselves what IS possible in our own.

What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us. What we have done for others and the world, remains and is immortal. (Albert Pine)

And one to put a smile on your face this Monday morning;
If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito. (Betty Reese)

Wishing you a wonderful start to the new week.
Rhonda
Just a little note. I have included the names in parenthesis of the author. Sadly, the others, I do not know.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

No comments:

Post a Comment